Berks County Business Law, Family Law and Estate Planning Attorneys
Divorce Filing Requirements in Pennsylvania
Family Law Attorneys at The Miller Law Group, PLLC
Our Attorneys are proven, experienced Berks County Family Law Specialists.
Our expert Divorce Attorneys will help you decide which options are best for you based on 40 years' experience practicing PA Divorce Law in Berks County.
Our experienced Property Division Attorneys will make sure you get the best Equitable Distribution of Marital Property.
Spousal Support / Alimony
We'll make sure you have money to live will you're separated, to defend yourself in your divorce and to secure your long-term financial well-being.
Like you, our Child Custody Attorneys put the children's well-being first while protecting your rights to be with them.
Like you, our Child Support Attorneys put the children's well-being first while protecting your rights to be with them.
We'll defend grandparents' rights to see their grandchildren and parents' rights to control who spends time with their children.
Unlike many aspects of the Pennsylvania Divorce Code the requirements for filing a divorce in PA are consistent throughout the State
- At least one of the parties to the divorce must have been a PA resident for six months prior to the filing.
- The divorce proceedings may be brought in the county where the defendant lives.
- If the defendant is no longer living in Pennsylvania, the proceedings may be brought in the county where the plaintiff... the person filing the divorce action... lives.
- If the plaintiff continues to reside in the county where they lived while married to the defendant, the proceedings may be brought in that county.
- Prior to six months after the final separation, proceedings may be brought in the county where the plaintiff resides if the defendant agrees.
- If neither plaintiff nor defendant lives in the county where they resided at the time of the marriage, the proceedings may be brought in the county where either of them now lives.
- Six months after the final separation, proceedings may be brought where either plaintiff or defendant lives.
If you qualify to file for a divorce in PA, contact us to discuss options best suited for your particular situation. You won't find better proven, experienced and sincerely compassionate divorce lawyers in Reading, Berks County or anywhere else in Pennsylvania. Miller Law Group lawyers are Family Law specialists with 40 years combined experience in Pennsylvania Divorce Law. Our Berks County law offices are conveniently located in West Lawn, PA around Reading. Discover more about filing for a divorce in Berks County and why we are different and better Berks County Divorce Attorneys.